This is how my Boy woke me this morning...
He's cute. Which is lucky for both of us :)
He spent his penultimate day at nursery while the girls and I caught up on history, music study and faith work.
Our music study took us out of the Romantic Period and into the 20th and 21st Centuries. Our first composer in this era is Igor Stravinsky who was fundamental in changing classical music in the 1900s. We learnt that during the first playing of one of his pieces The Rite of Spring the audience were split on their appreciation or otherwise of his composition and fighting actually broke out in the concert hall.. To make this a memorable fact I suggested the girls have a pillow fight to recreate the riot that Stravinsky's music caused. It was hilarious and fun and, I think, fairly memorable!
My favourite part of this fight was the girls yelling, "What is this music?" "I quite like it!" "No, it's not for me!" Had The Boy been there I think there would have been a whole lot more of crazy.
Having listened to Stravinsky's Rite of Spring the girls concluded that they preferred Vivaldi's Spring but also that they appreciated the depth and innovation of Stravinsky's music.
This afternoon saw Panda Girl at Tap and Modern classes and Ballet Girl at Sea Cadets.









