I love Spring! And I love Spring thematic units! Last year's unit was cut short after the sudden and difficult death of my father and so this year's new seasonal unit is a bitter-sweet one.
The littlies hunted through their endless piles of cuddlies for lambs, chicks and rabbits and they spent some sweet time playing with them all.
We've done life-cycles on posters and paper and worksheets before but this year I wanted it to be more hands-on for my kinaesthetic one and my littlest. I bought these fabulous life-cycle kits of a bullfrog, butterfly and ladybird and they went down a treat.
The two eldest went bird-watching this morning. I bought an extra pair of binoculars and we dug out our bird book guides.
They started off in the field at the back of our house where we are often treated to the spectacular sight of red kites and buzzards soaring on the thermals or swooping into the field.
The two younger kiddies collected small spring items from the garden and...
investigated them under our new microscope. They were enthralled. Pollen looks very cool close up!
Both reported back on their findings but all The Boy wanted to write down was, "we saw an ant". Fair enough!
Then we swapped and the older two had fun with the microscope...
...and the younger two did some bird-watching.
Miniature spring gardens

















