Monday, 12 May 2014

The Human Body

 Mixing and matching our units keeps the kiddlets on their toes - and me!  We're steering away from History and heading into Biology this week.

Books from our bookcase.

 This subject is a fun one for me as I am a Personal Trainer by career.  I dug out some of my workbooks for my studies from way back when and the children have browsed through them.  They are covered in my scribbles and also love hearts for my then boyfriend - who is now my husband and the kiddies' Papa. Ha!

I had a relaxing morning while the children worked through workbooks I made for them last night.  Appropriate for their ages and current level of learning, they covered basic anatomy and the body systems.



Big sisters are for helping. :)

Operation

I found some brilliant doctor forms on the net complete with prescription forms...

...and we set up a Doctor's Surgery in the Living Room




To break up the morning I used some old circuit training print outs and blasted some music while the kiddies beasted their quads or triceps or deltoids.  Cute and funny for us all when they started to feel the burn :)

For weekly exercise the three girls attend gymnastics, trampolining, tap, modern dance and ballet classes.  The two eldest also sail or kayak twice a week.  My Boy swims and attends gymnastics and trampolining classes.  He is hoping to join a football and/or rugby club next term. 

After lunch and outside play today various kiddies studied Spanish, Faith Work, Times Tables, Phonics, Script Writing and Maths.