Sunday, 14 September 2014

A Family Adventure Holiday!

Papa took time off work and we spent a week on a swimming and outdoor adventure holiday in the middle of a forest.  It was superb.





























Kestrel



Lanner falcon


Harris hawk






Despite our honest-to-goodness best efforts The Boy BEAT US ALL at bowling, finishing with three spares in a row.  He was chuffed to high Heaven and I was delighted for him!



European eagle owl



Great grey owl.  This was The Boy's favourite.




Chilean blue eagle

Harris hawk


Night swimming






This Boy and this Papa and all my daughters spent all week on adrenalin highs, courtesy of slides and tunnels and rapids. 

Crazy golf.  Crazy children.








Baby American bald eagle.  What an experience!  And so heavy!

When you own a Wonder Woman top, complete with flowing cape, you have to wear it on a bike ride.  It did however make me slightly panicky that I would crash and look not so Wonder Woman-y, but I was prepared to take the risk.