This morning we measured flights!
The Wright Brothers first flight was 37 metres and their fourth was a little longer at 260 metres. The children were delighted to measure a huge length of road in our village to work out the distances that the Wright Brothers flew on their first flight test in North Carolina on 17th December 1903. Apparently measuring the pavement in front of passing cars is extremely amusing.
Having blown away the cobwebs, the two youngest worked on their Wright Brothers project...
...while the two eldest began looking at the causes of World War I, including the significance of imperialism, militarism and nationalism. Please appreciate the fact that we are all writing with quills today - I have no idea why.
Today I started my BA (Hons) History degree! It's going to take me six years and I am daunted, excited and I think, slightly insane.
I spend a lot of time with my kiddies at their various activities (three hours at gym today - here's Panda Girl waiting for her class to start), so the plan is to spend some of that time being useful, i.e. studying. Here goes nothing!