Monday, 9 September 2013

First Day Back to School!

Woo hoo.  Back to school.  The children were scurrying about this morning, super excited to start work, which was the loveliest thing.

We are looking at 'The Rainforest' for our theme this week and I have also adjusted our daily timetable to allow the two eldest to work on their own for a couple of hours each day doing their autonomous learning, giving me more time to spend with the two youngest.
 

Our rainforest books and puzzles.

 I set this up for the kiddies to do first thing after they'd got dressed and made their beds. It caused a few giggles.


I created a Rainforest folder each which they can work through over the next few days.  


 Monkey Girl identified food and products around the house which can be found in the rainforest.

A few masterpieces




After lunch the kiddies play outside.  I joined them in the field for a while and we picked blackberries

The Boy then made us a delicious crumble with some windfall apples and our fresh blackberries.



After-lessons painting.

Trampolining lessons re-commenced this afternoon.  Half an hour to myself = bliss.

Pre-bedtime board game


Cookies by Ballet Girl and Monkey Girl.